Aloha from the Dean!
Edna Magpantay-Monroe Ed.D., APRN, CMCDP
Dean, School of Nursing
Aloha and welcome to the School of Nursing at Hawai’i Pacific University.
We became a School of Nursing in January 2022, and we are making deliberate changes to improve the student experience in the programs we offer and a collaborative partnership with the communities we serve. Each year, we admit students from diverse backgrounds who are future promising nurse leaders. Our faculty are experts in their own right and excel in teaching, scholarships, and service.
We offer both undergraduate and graduate nursing education. A Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) will qualify you to take the national licensing exam to become a registered nurse (RN). There are numerous RN positions open all over the country and Hawai‘i is in great need of RNs for the future who can lead and adapt to the rapidly changing healthcare field.
We also offer graduate education in nursing, leading to a master’s degree that allows you to sit for exams to be licensed as a family nurse practitioner (FNP), an adult-gerontology acute care nurse practitioner (AGACNP), or a psychiatric mental health nurse practitioner (PMHNP).
Finally, we offer a Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) degree online. With your graduate nursing education, you will be positioned to impact society’s health, in Hawai‘i, throughout the United States, and globally.
At Hawai‘i Pacific University our commitment to educating future nurses is founded on the values of kuleana (responsibility), pono (integrity) and aloha (kindness and humility). We want students to be safe nurses who understand holistic care and evidence-based practice. Our students have access to opportunities for their enrichment, such as student support services, Student Nurses Association (SNA) and much more.
Please read our website and do not hesitate to ask questions.
Welcome to HPU School of Nursing
The School of Nursing at Hawaiʻi Pacific University is committed to educating and preparing well-qualified and dedicated professionals in the practice of health promotion and health care. Graduates are lifelong compassionate learners and leaders who provide exceptional holistic care in the spirit of aloha for a global community.
Nursing and Public Health alumni around the world
CCNE and CEPH Accredited
Official Membership with the AACN, NONPF, NLN, SSH, APHA
PROGRAMS OF STUDY
- Master of Science in Nursing - Adult Gero Acute Care NP
- Master of Science in Nursing - Family Nurse Practitioner
- Master of Science in Nursing - RN to MSN Pathway
- Online MSN-Adult Gero Acute Care NP
- Online MSN-Family Nurse Practitioner
- Online MSN-Psych Mental Health Nurse Practitioner
- Graduate Certificate: Post Master in Adult Gero Nurse Practitioner
- Graduate Certificate: Post Master in Family Nurse Practitioner
- Graduate Certificate: Post Master in Psych Mental Health Nurse Practitioner
WHY School of Nursing?
The faculty, staff, and students of the School of Nursing join the rest of the Hawaiʻi Pacific University community in embracing the following values as representative of the spiritual, ethical, and philosophical principles that support our community, as well as of the aspirational ideals to which we collectively aspire. Alumni of the School of Nursing give back to their communities and exemplify HPUʻs standards of excellence.
- PONO - meaning righteous, honest and moral, and an energy of necessity.
- KULEANA - meaning responsibility and rights, and concern for all interests, property, and people.
- ALOHA - meaning hello, goodbye, love, kindness and grace, unity, humility, patience and waiting for the right moment.