MCP Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)

How do I apply?

Go to, and if you intend to take courses through the Military Campus Program, be sure to select “B. Off-Campus including military bases” as your campus.


How much does it cost to apply?

There is no fee to apply for Military Campus Programs.


Where do the classes take place?

There are two types of classes offered through Military Campus Programs: online and hybrid. Either fully online or in hybrid format. Hybrid classes meet in person once a week, and the rest of the classes are online. The in-person classes are on a rotating schedule taking place on the various bases: Camp Smith, Hickam, Kaneohe, Pearl Harbor, Schofield and Tripler.


What is the difference between the downtown campus and the military campus?

The military campus classes are offered on our local military bases in the evening and/or online. The downtown campus classes are offered throughout the day at the downtown Honolulu location.


Can I take classes both on base and at HPU’s downtown location?

Military students can take classes at both locations, but, you will need to meet with an academic advisor to inform them of your plans.


Where do I send my transcripts?

You can email them to or mail them to:

Hawaii Pacific University

Office of Admissions

1 Aloha Tower Drive

Honolulu, HI 96813


Do you need all of my transcripts?

Yes, all transcripts from previous institutions are required in order for a student’s application to be reviewed.


What is required for admission?

The admissions requirements are as follows: any Joint Service Transcripts and all transcripts from previous institutions. After submitting an application, students can log into their application portal for a listing of any missing documents.


When is the deadline for admissions?

HPU observes a rolling admissions deadline. To provide us with enough time to process applications and transcripts, it is recommended that all documents are submitted at least a month before the first day of the start of the term.


How would I know which credits transfer from my previous College or University?

Once students are admitted to HPU, official transcripts from all previous University coursework must be submitted in order to proceed with a transfer credit evaluation. A maximum of 45 credits can be put towards an Associate’s degree. And a maximum of 90 credits from a regionally accredited four-year College or University can be put towards a Bachelors degree.


Who do I talk to about my class schedule?

An Academic Advisor can help you with your class schedule once students have been admitted to HPU. Please email one of the following academic advisors representing your branch of service.

Marines – 

Air Force – 

Navy – 

Army – 

Coast Guard - 


Who do I talk to about my VA benefits?

Our Veterans’ Affairs office can provide you with more information about VA benefits. They can be reached at


How do I get more information about the application process?

Please reach out to our MCP admissions counselors at


Who is eligible for the HPU Service Member Tuition Waiver?

All service members in an approved MCP undergraduate and graduate program are eligible for the HPU Service Member Tuition Waiver, where service members are defined as Active Duty, Reservist (excluding inactive reservist), and National Guard members.


Can you tell me more about HPU’s military grant?

Military Dependents, military retirees, DoD Civilians and Civilian contractors working on the military bases (with military/government ID), who do not receive any other significant funding are eligible for the HPU Military Grant for their MCP-approved undergraduate or graduate program. To remain eligible, undergraduate students must maintain a cumulative HPU GPA of 2.5 and graduate students must maintain a cumulative HPU GPA of 3.0.