HPU cheer won its eighth NCA National Championship.
The HPU cheerleading squad won the National Cheerleaders Association’s (NCA) National Championship in the Advanced Small Coed Division II Friday afternoon at the Bandshell amphitheater.
HPU won their eighth NCA National Championship, their first since 2012, and won six straight national titles from 2003-2008.
HPU cheer celebrates their win in Florida.
“We went into this competition really hoping to hit our routine well and make ourselves, our school, and alumni proud. After day one of competition we had to make some adjustments per the judges’ score sheet and worked hard after competing to increase our day two score,” said coach James Burns. “We really wanted to focus on our execution of skills and overall impression. With the additional work we put in, we were able to accomplish our goal of continuing the strong legacy that Hawai’i Pacific University has at NCA Daytona Collegiate Cheer Nationals. We are very thankful for the opportunity we had to attend this event again and show the world HPU is back!“
In the preliminary round HPU came in with a score of 90.8426 with minor deductions due to a tumbling touchdown, stunt fall and technique errors. The team rallied together and cleaned up their mistakes for the Final Event and put up a 92.7037 to edge out the other eight teams in the division, and take home the title.
- Hawai‘i Pacific University – 92.7037
- Limestone University – 91.9306
- Shorter University – 91.3125
- Lindenwood University – 91.2824
- McKendree University – 90.3356
- Grand Valley State University – 90.213
- L’Universite du Quebec a Montreal – 88.4444
- Gannon University – 86.9815
- Mars Hill University – 80.2987
- Lindenwood University – 94.1296
- McKendree University – 91.5648
- Hawaii Pacific University – 90.8426
- Shorter University – 89.9722
- Limestone University – 89.4167
- Gannon University – 86.787
- L’Universite du Quebec a Montreal – 86.3333
- Grand Valley State University – 84.213
- Mars Hill University – 79.5278
All News >>
HPU Professor Presents at the 2023 American Public Health Association Annual Meeting and Expo
TESOL Instructor Conducts Workshop for Teachers in Central Japan
Scientific Findings from HPU Show Hawai'i is Hit by Plastic Pollution in the Form of Foreign Derelict Fishing Gear
HPU Alumni Receive Prestigious Marine Fellowship
HPU Nursing Students and Faculty Attend 10th Annual Hawai'i Student Nurses Association Conference