SIT Study Abroad
**Please NOTE: HPU students are welcome to study abroad through SIT, however, all program fees are to be paid to SIT, and credits are contingent on each academic department's approval. All students must still initially apply for these programs through the HPU Exchange Program Office.
HPU Admission Requirements:
- Must have attended HPU for one semester
- Must intend to graduate from HPU
- Must have at least a minimum GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Must be fluent in English
A pioneer in experiential, field-based study abroad, SIT offers semester, summer, and academic year programs for undergraduate students in Africa, Asia and the Pacific, Europe, Latin America, and the Middle East, as well as comparative programs in multiple locations.
Employing an educational approach developed over 75 years, SIT encourages students to step beyond the boundaries of a traditional classroom to analyze and understand the critical issues shaping local communities around the globe.
SIT programs foster academic rigor, intensive cultural immersion, substantial community engagement, and an emphasis on field-based research.
The SIT Study Abroad Experience:
· Rigorous academic programs through a field-based, experiential approach
· A focus on critical global issues
· Undergraduate research through an Independent Study Project or Case Studies
· Cultural immersion through fieldwork, intensive language classes, and urban and rural homestays with local families
· A small group of students in each program, supported by SIT faculty and staff, homestay families, in-country experts, and community members
· Access to SIT’s extensive local resources and networks
SIT Study Abroad awards approximately $750,000 in scholarships per year. More than 80 percent of students who complete the scholarship application process receive an SIT scholarship or grant. SIT also matches Federal Pell Grant funding dollar for dollar.
*NOTE: SIT offers a special scholarship for HPU students with financial need. HPU nominates individual students for this special funding*Total awards generally range from $500 to $5,000 for semester programs, and $300 to $3,000 for summer programs. Financial need is a primary consideration for all SIT Study Abroad scholarship decisions.
Please follow the link below for further information: