Graduate Academic Advising

Academic Forms

Below is a list of some common academic forms required by the Office of the Registrar that you may need to achieve your academic goals.  If you have questions about these forms, talk to your Academic Advisor, the Registrar’s Office, or your Academic Department Chair or Dean. 

Forms are available below as PDF documents or hard copies can be picked up at the Office of Graduate and Adult Advising, 1164 Bishop Street (UB 912).  Carefully complete forms in their entirety and submit to your Academic Advisor in the Office of Graduate and Adult Advising.  Incomplete or incorrectly completed forms will not be accepted or processed.

General Petition

This form has multiple uses including but not limited to a course overloads, degree requirement exceptions, and requesting a leave of absence.  

Registration Form

This form is used to request manual registration through the Registrar’s Office.

Change in Registration (Add/Drop Form)

Use this form to request changes, additions or drops, from your current registration.  Be aware of the Policies and Deadlines for Registration prior to submitting this request. 

Petition to Graduate

Complete this form to apply for a diploma and/or participate in the graduation ceremony.

Petition to Award Certificate

Complete this form to apply for the awarding of a certificate.