What is the Periodicals List
HPU Discovery will speed up your research and increase its effectiveness!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
- Can I use HPU
Discovery fromoff campus?
Yes, current students, faculty, and staff of Hawaii Pacific University can use it from home.
- Set your
browswerto accept cookies.
- Make sure your web browser is also configured to allow pop-ups.
- Set your
- Why does the menu sometimes show multiple links to the
Our electronic journal holdings overlap in some places, so we may be able to offer the article to you from more than one source. The content will be the same regardless of which vendor provides it.
- Full text is not always available. Why not?
The option to link to full text appears only when our Library owns that item. The HPU Libraries do not subscribe to all journal titles, and not all titles are available online.
- I have a complete citation, but HPU
Discovery onlytakes me to the journal's homepage or its table of contents. Shouldn't the link take me directly to the article?
The journal publisher controls whether we are able to link directly to the article. Many libraries are asking publishers to provide direct access to their articles. In the meantime, you may have to navigate through the publisher's
web siteto get to the article you're looking for. Because the database record is still visible in its own window, it is easy to see what volume and issue isneeded.
- I get a blank page, a "bad URL", an "Error 404", or some other "not found" message. Why?
It's possible that the publisher may not yet have loaded the full text yet or there is an internal linking problem. If you encounter problems, we'd appreciate your feedback.
- What if my article is not available online or in our library's collection?
You may choose to request this item through Interlibrary Loan Services.
If you can't resolve an access problem with
- What is the name of the database or vendor that was supplying the
full textarticle? (Academic Search Premier, ScienceDirect, Ingenta, etc.)
- What are the citation details? Journal title, article title, volume, issue, etc.
- What browser are you using? (Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox)
- Was there an error message? What did it say?
- What kind of operating system are you using? (Windows, Mac . . . )