The University Libraries welcome faculty suggestions for books, periodicals, and online resources. Let us know of titles that will be useful to your students or subject areas that you plan to focus on in future courses/assignments. The HPU Libraries are committed to ensuring that our collection meets the needs of your students.
Please contact your Librarian Subject Specialist to assist you in submitting your request(s). Please note: the ordering and cataloging process does take time; please notify the librarian as far in advance as possible. Our materials budget is used primarily to meet the curriculum needs of HPU students.
Faculty may submit one of the following:
- Library Materials Recommendation Form
Selection and orders:
All faculty-initiated recommendations are evaluated against the selection criteria established by the University Libraries' administration. “Rush” orders are accommodated when possible.
- The target dates for submitting recommendations are:
- Books: At least one semester in advance.
- Databases: End of February for the next calendar year.
- Periodicals: End of June for the next calendar year.
- Media: At least three months in advance.