International Undergraduate Admissions
International Medical Requirements
International students intending to study at Hawai'i Pacific University need to fulfill certain medical requirements and are required to have health insurance coverage. Please carefully read the information outlined below.
Vaccinations & Medical Screenings
Per State of Hawai'i regulations, students studying in Hawaii are required to demonstrate certain medical clearances in order to be enrolled in coursework:
- Proof of Measles, Mumps, and Rubella (MMR) Immunization
- All students are required to demonstrate proof that they have received two doses of the MMR immunization (taken at least four weeks apart) in order to register for coursework. Click here for the MMR immunization clearance form.
- A certain few students may be eligible for an MMR immunization waiver. If you believe you may meet the one of the limited conditions for a waiver, click here.
- NOTE: Forms signed by a non-US licensed physician will require additional time for processing by HPU. Please be patient as paperwork is processed.
- Tuberculosis (TB) Test
- All students coming for study lasting longer than five months are required to take a TB test after their arrival in Hawaii. During check-in and orientation, students will be provided with information on how and where to get tested at no charge. Click here for the TB clearance form.
Effective May 15, 2015, all international students will be automatically charged a $100 medical insurance verification fee. To remove this fee from their bill, students must either enroll in an HPU medical plan or demonstrate comparable health insurance coverage and submit the required health insurance waiver.
NOTE: Full-time, degree seeking students who submit a waiver for the fall semester will automatically waive insurance for the spring semester (and summer term if taking classes) as long as the waiver shows coverage during those enrolled terms. If selecting the HPU medical plan, visiting students will only need to enroll during the term they are taking classes.