Dual Degree (3+2 Engineering)
Dual Degree (3+2 Engineering) Program
The Dual Degree Program can be an attractive alternative to traditional engineering curricula. This program is a five-year commitment, studying at both Hawaii Pacific University (the first three years) and one of our partner schools (the last two years) to obtain both a Bachelor of Science in Mathematics and an ABET-accredited Bachelor of Science in Engineering. We have a partnership with the University of Southern California’s School of Engineering (Los Angeles, CA) and Washington University’s School of Engineering and Applied Science (St. Louis, MO) that allows our students to transfer in seamlessly to complete their second degree. Students may pursue degrees in Civil, Electrical, Mechanical, and Chemical engineering at our partner schools.
Why study at HPU?
Our dual degree program graduates are "liberally-educated engineers," with strong communication and problem-solving skills.
Other advantages of our program include:
As mentioned above, students in our Dual Degree Program will develop strong oral and written communication skills, a broad background in the humanities / social sciences as well problem-solving competence. This will prepare them for career opportunities which require multidisciplinary teams to address the challenges of our age.
|University of Southern California
Viterbi Scool of Engineering
|Washington University at St Louis
School of Engineering
Our Engineering School Partnerships
We have partnered with the following universities to provide a diversified learning experience. Our partners offer ABET accredited Bachelor of Science in Engineering degrees in the following fields:The University of Southern California in Los Angeles, CA
Washington University in St. Louis, MO
Students who major in the Mathematics 3+2 Engineering program will:
- Recognize and understand a core of fundamental mathematical and science-based operational skills.
- Apply mathematical and science-based problem-solving skills to a variety of real-world problems.
- Experience the application of mathematics and science in a multi-culturally diverse context at HPU.
- Employ appropriate research methodology in exploring mathematical and science-based skills and their use in problem solving.
- Develop comprehensive oral and written communication skills in the pursuit of a broad-based mathematics and science foundation.
- Use mathematics and science-based skills in both individualized and team-oriented applications.