Center for Academic Success Tutoring Services
The Center for Academic Success (CAS) provides free, individualized tutoring assistance to all registered HPU undergraduate and graduate students.
Tutoring Services Extended Hours Spring 2016 (4/25 - 5/5)
Starting from Monday, April 25th, the Center will be open from 9:00 A.M. until 8:00 P.M. during the weekdays (Mondays through Thursdays.) Tutors for writing, math, and/or sciences will be available depending on the day. For booking an appointment, please either go online by clicking "book now REAL-TIME" icon at the lower right side of this page and choose "Downtown Tutoring" under Categories or call (808) 544-9334.
Below you'll find the listing of all of our HPU tutors' schedules. Just click on the panel to find the schedule you need. For a more specific list of courses tutored, click the following link "Course and Tutor List Spring 2016.pdf". All schedules are subject to change. If you have any questions, you can contact us by emailing us or by calling (808) 544-9334.
The Downtown CAS is located at 1060 Bishop Street (LB building), Floor 6. Tutoring is available in writing, modern languages, and math, accounting, business, science (MABS).
- This location operates on a walk-in, first-come first-served basis.
- Appointments are only taken for HPU students that work full-time, are active-duty military, have ADA status, or who want to see a Writing Mentor.
The Aloha Tower CAS is located at the Learning Commons.
- Opens at the Learning Commons only during the fall and the spring semester on Saturdays from 10:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. and Sundays from 12:00 P.M. - 5:00 P.M.
- Tutors Math, Spanish Language and Writing courses
- Operates by walk-in, first-served basis and No Appointments
The Hawai'i Loa CAS is located in the Academic Center, 3rd Floor, Educational Technology Center (ETC). Tutoring is offered in select subjects.
- Operates by appointment. Students can make appointments up to two weeks in advance, ONLY one (1) appointment per subject per day. For more information and for further assistance, please contact the Tutoring Center (Downtown) at (808) 544-9334.
- NEW!! Book HLC appointments online at: http://www.genbook.com/bookings/slot/reservation/30196648
Online tutoring: Smarthinking™ is a company HPU uses that provides online tutoring services to registered HPU students 24/7 through Pipeline.
- Real-time tutoring is available for a variety of subjects and students may submit questions or papers for review.
- Responses to submissions are usually returned within 24 hours.
- Click here for more information.