Orientation Leaders are role models, student leaders, and resources. They play a critical role in serving new students and their family members. They are the front line staff during orientation to facilitate students’ transition and initiate their integration to the University community. Orientation Leaders provide institutional memory and communicate HPU's culture and traditions. More information about the position is available below.
To apply, complete the Orientation Leader Sign-Up.
- Serve as a role model for incoming new students.
- Facilitate small groups during orientation week and address students’ curricular and co-curricular questions and concerns. Mingle with students and family members, and share your HPU experience with new students and their family.
- Foster relationships among new students during all aspects of the program, including small group discussions, meals, information sessions, and evening activities.
- Provide administrative support for the program, including event set up and clean up, information sessions and activities
- Full-time undergraduate student with minimum 2.5 cumulative GPA
- Committed to and enthusiastic about the HPU mission and student experience
- Display strong interpersonal, communication, and leadership skills
- Ability to work well with a diverse group of people (e.g., staff, new students, parents and family members, faculty and staff)
- Knowledge of the various HPU support systems (e.g., departments, people, resources, opportunities, services, and policies) and involved in co-curricular activities
- Arriving or residing in Honolulu during OL Training and New Student Orientation
- Orientation Leader Training and Preparation Dates (attendance required at each)
- Friday, August 21 - 9:300 am to 4:30 pm
- Passport Week: August 25 - August 29, 8 am to 5 pm with one evening or Saturday commitment
- Place: Downtown Campus, HLC, ATM and/or various locations on island
Please email email@example.com with any questions.