Hawai'i Pacific University's Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) degree program, fully accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE), offers the registered nurse the opportunity to advance his or her career as either a Community Clinical Nurse Specialist (CNS) or Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP). The Master of Science in Nursing degree program is designed to orient graduates to enhanced roles in community-based or primary care as advanced practice nurses. Graduate students are provided education in preparation for the 21st century and the changing health care system.
The program focuses on those skills needed by nurses to succeed in the changing health care environment:
- enhanced critical thinking, assessment
- problem solving and communication skills
- qualification to sit for national board exams with either the American Academy of Nurse Practitioners (AANP) or the American Nurse Credentialing Center (ANCC)
Through core courses, practicums and a capstone course, graduate students gain a solid foundation in advanced nursing practice. The faculty who teach in the MSN program are not only experienced educators, they are also experienced advanced practice nurses. Classes are small and the faculty are always willing to provide students their individual attention.
The Hawai'i Pacific University Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) degree program features:
- Flexible course scheduling
- An experienced faculty dedicated to teaching
- A program that balances theory and practice
- Full or part time study
- An option to be a Family Nurse Practitioner or Clinical Nurse Specialist*
- A Post-Masters Family Nurse Practitioner Certificate
- An RN to MSN Pathway
* CNS track requires a cohort of 6 students
Hawai'i Pacific University College of Nursing and Health Sciences is committed to educating competent and caring professionals in the practice of health promotion and healthcare. Graduates are life-long learners and leaders dedicated to delivering holistic care in the spirit of aloha for a global community.
The College of Nursing and Health Sciences will be ranked in the top nursing and health science programs delivering a distinct transcultural healthcare educational experience.
Click here to visit the Hawaii Board of Nursing!