BSN Program Outcomes
Upon completion of the HPU BSN Nursing Program the graduate will:
- Clinical Practice
- Apply theoretical knowledge with demonstration of skill and judgment to provide safe patient centered care across the lifespan using the nursing process.
- Evidence-Based Practice
- Integrate evidence to guide clinical practice and evaluate outcomes of care.
- Apply leadership and communication skills in diverse organizational systems.
- Practice nursing care by incorporating legal and ethical decision making, utilizing current standards of practice.
- Quality Improvement and Safety
- Perform safe nursing care and incorporate methods to optimize patient outcomes.
- Health Care Informatics
- Promote innovation and utilize information systems and technology in charting, decision making, research and scholarship.
- Health Policy and Advocacy
- Apply knowledge of health policy, patient advocacy and health needs of all populations that addresses access to care, equity, quality and cost efficacy.
- Interprofessional Collaboration
- Collaborate and communicate effectively with other professionals and interdisciplinary teams to improve health care outcomes.
- Transcultural Care
- Integrate the values, beliefs, and health practices of diverse populations to promote quality outcomes.