HPU knows that each student has a unique academic history and individual talents. This is why we take a holistic approach to reviewing applications, and consider all the information provided on your application to make an admissions decision.
- SAT and/or ACT scores
- Extracurricular activities
- Personal statement (essay) and/or resume
- Academic area of interest
Our early action date for the Fall semester is November 15th and our priority application date is January 15th. However, applications are reviewed on a rolling basis year-round, and it is recommended that students apply well in advance to the start of the term they are interested in. If you apply by our early action deadline, you can expect to receive an admissions decision by December 15. If you apply by our priority application deadline, you can expect to receive an admissions decision by February 15. At all other times of the year, once your application is complete, you can expect to receive a decision within three weeks of submission. If you have questions regarding the application process, or your admissions decision, contact email@example.com or your Admissions Counselor at www.hpu.edu/meetyourcounselor.
- 4 years of English
- 3 years of History or Social Science
- 3 years of Math
- 3 years of Natural Science
- 2 years of Foreign Language
Highly recommended if available to you:AP and IB examinations should have their official scores sent to the Office of Admissions to be evaluated for advanced standing and/or academic credit. For more information, go to www.hpu.edu/transfercredit.
Direct Admission into Marine Biology, Oceanography, and Environmental Science programs:
For admission to these scientifically rigorous majors as a freshman with regular status, students must have a high school record that clearly demonstrates both ability and motivation. In addition to satisfying all the regular Hawai'i Pacific University requirements, students must have completed three years of high school science courses including biology, chemistry (physics is recommended), and mathematics through trigonometry (calculus is recommended), with a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or better in these courses with a minimum SAT math score of 550 or ACT math score of 24.Application Process:
2. Submit either official or unoffical high school transcripts.
3. SAT or ACT scores are required for U.S. students applying directly from high school. If these scores are not posted on your transcript, please contact the appropriate testing office to have your scores sent directly to HPU.
- To request your SAT scores: http://sat.collegeboard.org/scores. The HPU school code is: 4352.
- To request your ACT scores: http://www.actstudent.org/scores/send/. The HPU school code is: 0900
4. The personal statement is your opportunity to let the admissions committee know more about yourself. You may submit writing samples, a personal essay or poetry; it is up to you on how you wish to express yourself. There is no set length required.