HPU knows that each student has a unique academic history and individual talents. This is why we take a holistic approach to reviewing applications, and consider all the information provided on your application to make an admissions decision.
- SAT I and/or ACT scores
- Extra-curricular activities
- Personal statement (essay) and/or resume
- Letters of recommendation
- Academic area of interest
Our early action date is November 15th and our priority application date for the Fall semester is January 15th, however, applications are reviewed on a rolling basis year-round, and it is recommended that students apply well in advance to the start of the term they are interested in. Once your application is complete, it usually takes two weeks to receive an admissions decision, depending upon the time of year. If you have questions regarding the application process or your admissions decision, contact your Admissions Counselor at www.hpu.edu/meetyourcounselor.
- 4 years of English
- 3 years of History or Social Science
- 3 years of Math
- 3 years of Natural Science
- 2 years of Foreign Language
Highly recommended if available to you:www.hpu.edu/transfercredit.
Direct Admission into Marine Biology, Oceanography, and Environmental Science programs:
For admission to these scientifically rigorous majors as a freshman with regular status, students must have a high school record that clearly demonstrates both ability and motivation. In addition to satisfying all the regular Hawai'i Pacific University requirements, students must have completed three years of high school science courses including biology, chemistry (physics is recommended), and mathematics through trigonometry (calculus is recommended), with a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or better in these courses with a minimum SAT math score of 550 or ACT math score of 24.Application Process:
1. Go to www.hpu.edu/apply to complete and submit your application. Pay the application fee by electronic check or by credit card.
2. Submit either official or unoffical high school transcripts.
3. SAT I or ACT scores are required for U.S. students applying directly from high school. If these scores are not posted on your transcript, please contact the appropriate testing office to have your scores sent directly to HPU.
- To request your SAT scores: http://sat.collegeboard.org/scores. The HPU school code is: 4352.
- To request your ACT scores: http://www.actstudent.org/scores/send/. The HPU school code is: 0900
4. The personal statement is your opportunity to let the admissions committee know more about yourself. You may submit writing samples, a personal essay or poetry; it is up to you on how you wish to express yourself. There is no set length required.
5. One academic letter of recommendation is required for all applicants. Additional recommendations may be submitted.