**Please NOTE: HPU students are welcome to study abroad through CIEE, however, all program fees are to be paid to CIEE, and credits are contingent on each academic department's approval. All students must still initially apply for these programs through the HPU Exchange Program Office.
HPU Admission Requirements:
- Must have attended HPU for one semester
- Must intend to graduate from HPU
- Must have at least a minimum GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Must be fluent in English
CIEE is a non-governmental, non-profit study abroad organization that has been in operation for over 60 years. Its goal is to foster international understanding, communication, and the ability to acquire skills that will enable people to better their lives, and those of others, in an interdependent and connected world.
CIEE offers a multitude of programs in Africa, Asia, Australia, Europe, Latin American, and the Middle East. Students will expect their choice of program be of an elevated academic quality that is both rigorous and yet affordable.
The following are examples of the features provided by CIEE:
- Over 200 programs in 41 countries and 60 cities to choose from
- Homestays are avaiable and encouraged at certain locations
- On-site directors and support staff to help students meet their needs, concerns, and questions
- CIEE awards over a $1Million in competitive scholarships to students who plan to study abroad through their programs
- High quality partner institutions
Please follow the link for more information: