Koc UniversityAbout Koc University:
Koc University (KU) is located in the city Istanbul, which is known as the bridge between Europe and Asia. Istanbul is rich in ancient history and cultures that dates back to thousands of years. KU is a small private university which provides students a chance to know KU professors and faculty. This university offers a range of support facilities for students such as a sport field, fitness center, 24 hour computer labs, and library. Study Abroad offers the student the chance to learn from a culture perspective that could be different from there own. Students who are interested in learning more about Koc University and what it has to offer could visit the university website.
Location: Istanbul, Turkey
Website: Koc University - English
Academics Available: KU is open to all majors. Koc Unversity offers courses taught in English. Courses range in subjects of Turkish history to the sciences.
Dates to Remember:
|Semester||Application Due||Study Abroad Dates|
|Fall Semester||April 30th||September 19 - December 30
|Spring Semester||October 30th||February 6 - May 18
* Please remember HPU Study Abroad Application Deadline is Mid-March for Fall and Mid-October for Spring.
- Must have attended HPU for one semester
- Must intend to graduate from HPU
- Must have at least a minimum GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Must be fluent in English
- Complete the Student Exchange Program data sheet.
- Schedule and attend a formal interview with Melissa Matsubara.
- Be prepared to discuss your motives for studying abroad and your degree plan.
- Select an exchange partner university that has courses which can be used for your intended HPU degree.
- Fill out the exchange university's admissions application.
- Obtain recommendation letters to be turned in with your application. (This depends on the individual university’s application requirements)
- Passport photos (Amount and size depend upon each university)
- Sign a Course Request Approval (CRA) to verify your foreign coursework and HPU equivalents.
Health Insurance: Health Insurance is mandatory for all study abroad students. HPU recommends health insurance from Cultural Insurance Services International (CISI) for students study abroad. There is more information medical coverage and rates of CISI health insurance at http://www.culturalinsurance.com/
Housing Accommodations: Koc University offers on-campus housing for exchange students. The dorms have full furnished rooms that range from single to quadruple student occupation. Other amenities include laundry room, community kitchen, and student lounge area.
Currency: The current exchange rate can be calculated online at http://finance.yahoo.com/currency
Visa Information: U.S. Passport information is available at 522-8283 (recording) and on line at http://travel.state.govwww.hpu.edu/studyabroad Skype: melissa.matsubara