Universita Cattolica del Sacro CuoreAbout Universita Cattolica del Sacro Cuore (UCSC):
Universita Cattolica del Sacro Cuore (UCSC) was established in 1921 as a Catholic University. UCSC mission statement is to be up to date in academic education for young adults for future careers. The university is committed to this mission by offering fourteen college programs and fifty majors to UCSC students. UCSC is a large university in Italy with over forty thousand students. In addition, to the diverse academics UCSC also has computer center, language service center, library, and sport center. Students can find more information on the university by visiting their website (click on the English version of the website).
Location: Milan, Italy
Academics Available: UCSC is open to all majors. Courses are taught in English and are in Curriculum in Area Studies Europe (CASE) program. The CASE program is for students who are majoring in areas of International Relation, Business, and Economics. View the UCSC course list by clicking here and selecting the "UCSC International Curriculum" tab on the right for more details.
Dates to Remember:
|Semester||Application Due||Study Abroad Dates|
|Fall Semester||May 6
||September 14 - December 18
|Spring Semester||October 7
||February 1 - May 14
* Please remember HPU Study Abroad Application Deadline is Mid-March for Fall and Mid-October for Spring.
- Must have attended HPU for one semester
- Must intend to graduate from HPU
- Must have at least a minimum GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Must be fluent in English
- Complete the Student Exchange Program data sheet.
- Schedule and attend a formal interview with Melissa Matsubara
- Be prepared to discuss your motives for studying abroad and your degree plan.
- Select an exchange partner university that has courses which can be used for your intended HPU degree.
- Fill out the exchange university’s admissions application USCS application
- Obtain recommendation letters to be turned in with your application. (This depends on the individual university’s application requirements)
- Passport photos (Amount and size depend upon each university)
- Sign a Credit Approval Request (CRA) to verify your foreign coursework and HPU equivalents.
Health Insurance: Health Insurance is mandatory for all study abroad students. You may check with your current provider to see if they cover a study abroad, or you may choose an additional provider to cover while overseas. Please consult our Health Insurance page found in our Resources section for more information.
Housing Accommodations: USCS offers student housing, but space is limited. The university can offer assistance in finding apartments. For more information on accommadation at USCS click here.
Currency: The current exchange rate can be calculated online at http://finance.yahoo.com/currency
Visa Information: Students that need to find more information on visa contact Consulate of Italy call 531-2277. U.S. Passport information is available at 522-8283 (recording) and on line at http://travel.state.gov. You can find more details regarding the process of obtaining a student visa at http://www.nafsa.org/Find_Resources/Supporting_Study_Abroad/EA_Visas/Italy_Visas/Italy_Visa_FAQs/