FH Salzburg of Applied Sciences
About FH Salzburg:
FH Salzburg is a 4-year university with approximately 2,000 students. The University offers a variety of majors, including, but not limited to, Business, Communications, Media and Design, Tourism and Computer Science. Its brand-new campus is only minutes away from Salzburg.
Location: Fachhochschule Salzburg, Austria
Program information for BA Innovation & Management in Tourism
German Language: If you intend to take a German class during your exchange semester, please do the assessment test from the Goethe Institut provided under the following link: http://www.goethe.de/cgi-bin/einstufungstest/einstufungstest.pl. Please send your test results by July 15th, 2015 at the latest.
Dates to Remember:
Study Abroad Dates
Mid September- February 10
February 20 - June 30
* Fall Semester is not available due to conflicts with our academic calendar. You may only choose between attending Spring Semester or Full Year at this university.
* Please remember HPU Study Abroad Application Deadline is Mid-March for Fall and Mid-October for Spring.
- Must have attended HPU for one semester
- Must intend to graduate from HPU
- Must have at least a minimum GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Must be fluent in English
- Complete the Student Exchange Program data sheet.
- Schedule and attend a formal interview with Melissa Matsubara
- Be prepared to discuss your motives for studying abroad and your degree plan.
- Select an exchange partner university that has courses which can be used for your intended HPU degree.
- Fill out the exchange university’s admissions application: FH Salzburg Application - The authentication key is: FHSIO4INC Applications should be uploaded in one pdf-file.
- Obtain recommendation letters to be turned in with your application. (This depends on the individual university’s application requirements)
- Passport photos (Amount and size depend upon each university)
- Sign a Credit Approval Request (CRA) to verify your foreign coursework and HPU equivalents.
Health Insurance: Health Insurance is mandatory for all study abroad students. HPU recommends health insurance from Cultural Insurance Services International (CISI) for students study abroad. There is more information medical coverage and rates of CISI health insurance at http://www.culturalinsurance.com/
Housing Accommodations: For your accommodation please register in the database of the OeAD Housing Office and apply for a room in one of the dormitories in Salzburg or Puch. Contracts from the OeAD Housing Office will last from beginning of Sept 2015 till the first week of Feb, 2016. Please refer to the following website: http://www.housing.oead.ac.at/index_e.asp. Important note: please transfer the deposit until July 31st, 2015 at the latest (!) – as otherwise you will be shifted to the waiting list and we cannot guarentee that you will get a place in one of the dormitories. (Housing options in Salzburg and the surrounding areas are very limited so please plan ahead!)
Facebook: Join the FH Salzburg group on Facebook which is called "Incomings SUAS WS 2015", which will be availabe in the next few weeks. It is very important that you join this group because information and news about your semester here at SUAS will be posted. You will also find your buddy-students from the FH Salzburg in this group. You can contact them (and ONLY them) for a pick-up service and other more social issues regarding your exchange semester. Feel free to post questions and information about you. If you need a pick-up service through a buddy student, please let our buddy students know by September 1st, 2015 at the latest! Please contact them directly via the Facebook group, if you need a pick-you.
Currency: The current exchange rate between the U.S. dollar and the Euro can be calculated online at http://finance.yahoo.com/currency
Visa Information: Student can contact the Austria Consulate for more information on obtaining a visa at 923-8585. U.S. Passport information is available at 522-8283 (recording) and online at http://travel.state.gov.
Please make sure that you have fulfilled all the requirements for the visa application – if you still need to arrange it, please consult the following website for further details: http://www.oead.at/index.php?id=78&L=1Melissa Matsubara Director, International Exchange and Study Abroad Hawaii Pacific University 1164 Bishop Street, Suite 200, Honolulu, HI, 96813 Tel: 1-808-544-0288, Fax: 1-808-544-9355 www.hpu.edu/studyabroad Skype: melissa.matsubara