Summer Programs at Bond University - 4 WeeksAbout Bond University:
Bond University was established in 1989 in Queensland, Australia, as a private university. Bond’s mission is to create leaders and thinkers, by building challenges and opportunities in the university. Like HPU, Bond offers a personal feel for academics, by providing small classrooms sizes to make it easier get to know your professor and classmates. This private university provides a variety of facilities and services to students, such as: fitness and recreational centers, sports fields for rugby and tennis, a sauna, computers labs, and a library. BU provides not just positive academics, but also a supportive environment, which is implemented in a program called Bond Mates. The Bond Mate Program was created to help new students interact with current Bond students by answering any question or concerns about Bond before they make that transition to the University. In addition, Bond Mates offers other support services such as study support, an international student program and medical support. If you want to learn more about what Bond University has to offer, check out their official website.
Location: Robina, Queensland, Australia
Website: 4-week Experience
AUST 11-203 Australian Environment Issues:
Student will understand Australian environment by a combination of lectures and field trips around Australia. The lectures topics would focus on history Australian environment through today current environmental issues. Student will be learning about environmentally sustainability, by combination of visits of Australia sub-tropical in Queensland and exploring coral reefs.
Dates to Remember:
|Application Due||Semester Length|
|May 1st||Mid-July to Mid-August|
- Must have attended HPU for one semester
- Must intend to graduate from HPU
- Must have at least a minimum GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Must be fluent in English
- Complete the Student Exchange Program data sheet.
- Schedule and attend a formal interview with Melissa Matsubara
- Be prepared to discuss your motives for studying abroad and your degree plan.
- Select an exchange partner university that has courses which can be used for your intended HPU degree.
- Fill out the exchange university’s admissions application
- Pay $450 AUD to BU.
- Obtain recommendation letters to be turned in with your application. (This depends on the individual university’s application requirements)
- Passport photos (Amount and size depend upon each university)
- Sign a Memo of Understanding (MOU) to verify your foreign coursework and HPU equivalents.
Health Insurance: Health Insurance is mandatory for all study abroad students. HPU recommends health insurance from International Student Organization (ISO) for students study abroad. There is more information medical coverage and rates of ISO health insurance at http://isoabroad.com
Housing Accommodations: Bond University offers a variety of housing accommodations for students. These rooms will vary in size, price, and amenities. To check out housing options and prices, visit the campus housing website. If you prefer to live off campus, Bond University offers housing locations that are nearby the campus (off-campus housing).
Currency: Currency exchange rate for the Australian Dollar (AUD) can be calculated at: http://finance.yahoo.com/currency
Visa Information: Participants can apply for a visa online. Information is at the Australian Department of Immigration and Multicultural and Indigenous Affairs’ website: http://www.immi.gov.au/students/index.htm. U.S. Passport information is available at 522-8283 (recording) and online at http://travel.state.gov