Thank you for your interest in becoming a community partner with HPU’s Service Learning Program. First, browse our web site to gain a better understanding of service learning and the kind of commitment it involves.
If you would like to become a community partner with HPU’s Service Learning Program, please follow these steps:
- Scan the list courses offering service learning components. As you read through the descriptions, please reflect on the kinds of opportunities your organization offers and how they might relate to any of the service learning projects or specific courses offered. It is best to plan two to three months ahead.
- If there is a program or course that looks like a good match with the work of your organization, contact the Service Learning office by e-mail (Ellen Roberts: firstname.lastname@example.org) or by phone at (566-2446) to discuss your interest in establishing a partnership.
- Complete the Service Learning Community Partner Information Form (pdf) and send it the Service Learning Program office at 1132 Bishop Street, Suite 502, Honolulu, HI 96813 or send it as an attachment via e-mail to the Service Learning Program office (Ellen Roberts: email@example.com).
- Upon receipt of this information, your organization will be added to our online Community Partners Directory.
- If your organization has any brochures, flyers, or information on upcoming events that you would like to pass along to the HPU Service Learning Program office, we will post your information on our bulletin board as well as our web site.
***Please note that there are a limited number of service learning courses offered each semester, thus limiting the number of enrolled students. Also, please be aware that it may take time to develop a course and that there may already be existing community partners working with a course.***