Campus Elections

Would you like to be a voice for the students at Hawai'i Pacific University? Build relationships with students and administrators? Enhance your leadership skills? Become an officer for Student Government Association (SGA) of Hawai'i Pacific University!

Fall 2016 Special Elections

Check out your Senate Candidates for the Fall 2016 Special Elections!

SGA holds special elections in September to fill a number of vacant senate positions. Interested students should click on this link to review the Special Elections Packet. Please email Director of Elections, Michelle Britt, mbritt1@my.hpu.edu with any questions.

2016-2017 SGA General Election Results

Congratulations to our newly elected officers! Click here for a summary of the vote counts.

Executive Branch Positions

  • Student Body President - Christopher Morrow II
  • Student Body Vice President - Theodore Simonelli III

Student Senate Positions

  • Business Administration Senator
    • Rori Minor
    • 1 vacancy
  • Natural and Computational Sciences Senator
    • 2 vacancies
  • Liberal Arts Senator
    • Leilani Feleciano
    • 1 vacancy
  • Health and Society Senator
    • 2 vacancies
  • Extended and Interdisciplinary Education Senator
    • 2 vacancies
  • Athletics Senator
    • 1 vacancy
  • Graduate Senator
    • 1 vacancy
  • Downtown Senator
    • Anya McClenton
  • Hawaii Loa Campus Senator
    • 1 vacancy
  • Military Senator
    • 1 vacancy
  • Veterans Senator 
    • Carlos Santana
  • International Senator
    • 1 vacancy

Should you have any questions or are interested in any of the above position vacancies, please email us at sga@my.hpu.edu.

Student Judicial Council Appointments

Are you a student interested in law? The Student Judicial Council (SJC) is the judicial branch of the SGA that resolves electoral and constitutional disputes.  The following positions are available within the SJC:

  • Associate Justice (1 position)

Please visit the Student Judicial Council site for more information. 

Election Concerns

Please contact the Student Judicial Council (SJC) if you wish to file a complaint regarding a candidate, process, or occurrence.

A person who wishes to file the complaint should file a petition with Wesley Chai, Chief Justice of the SJC.  To file a petition email wchai@my.hpu.edu, notifying the SJC that you would like to start the complaint process.  For example, "I hereby petition to challenge ..."

Once the petition is filed, the SJC decides whether to dismiss the case or allow it to continue with a complaint form.