MCP Student Information

MCP Admissions

All military servicemembers, their families, Veterans, and U.S. Government civilian personnelare are eligible for the HPU Military Campus Programs (MCP). They must be high school graduates or have the GED equivalent. The degree programs are designed to be nonsequential so that students may enter them at any point.

ONLINE Military Campus Programs Undergraduate Application (Secure)
Click on "Create Account" to get started

ONLINE Graduate Application (Secure)

Evaluation of prior college or military credits

Unofficial Evaluations

The base campuses and Off-Island virtual campus are staffed with a Coordinator/Academic Advisor who can prepare an unofficial evaluation of your past credits once you select a degree-seeking program.  There is no cost and no requirement that you take classes with HPU before having an unofficial evaluation prepared.  To have an unofficial evaluation done, the Coordinator/Academic Advisor will need to review all transcripts from colleges and universities previously attended, any CLEP and/or DANTES results, and copies of your military work experience (e.g., AARTS, SMART, DD-214, DD-295). 

Official Evaluations

To receive an official evalution, you must ensure that all your official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended, military experience, and CLEP or DANTES results have been forwarded to the HPU registration center on base.  In addition, you must complete a degree-seeking application and pay the corresponding application fee.

MCP Registration

In Person

Once you have applied to HPU, you may begin taking classes.  It is recommended that you meet with the Coordinator/Academic Advisor prior to registration to ensure that the appropriate courses are taken.  We begin accepting registration forms for classes approximately five weeks prior to the start of each term.  Registration can be completed at any location.  Because there are a limited number of seats in each class, we advise that you register early.  Registering early also helps prevent course cancellations due to low enrollment.  Students do not have to go to the location where the course is being offered to register.

Online Course Registration

Upon completion of at least two semesters with the Military Campus Programs and an official evaluation of your transcripts, you will be eligible to register online.  We recommend that you continue to consult your Academic Advisor to ensure that you are enrolling in the appropriate courses.  If you are a student located off island, please contact the Off-Island Academic Advisor at for assistance.  If you are an off-island student, and not yet eligible to register online, the required forms can be sent to you for completion via fax or email.  You may return these forms to be processed to the Online Academic Advisor for off island students via fax or email.  Access the following web registration procedures if you are eligible to register online.

Web Registration

  1. Check your degree plan online.  Log into your HPU Pipeline account. Under the "My Courses" tab, click on "Degree Plan." (see "Quick Links" section.) Follow the steps to determine what courses you have remaining for your degree program. In addition, you can also view your grades, your HPU academic transcript, and check for any holds on your account. Remember:  All holds and outstanding balances must be cleared prior to registration.  [FAQs about the Pipeline are available.]
  2. Find course(s). Course schedules are available online and at all registration centers.
  3. Check course prerequisites to ensure you have the appropriate preparations for the course in which you wish to register.
  4. Register online.  Using your HPU Pipeline account, click on the "My Courses" tab and select "Register Online" under the Quick Links option.  If you have already reviewed your degree plan and checked your prerequisites, you can go straight to the "Select Term" option and begin registration.
  5. Finalize your registration. Approved TA forms should be submitted to a registration center (e.g., HPU offices on base) prior to the start of classes. Tuition balances are due on the second day of the term (7/5/06) and outstanding balances may be assessed late fees (5% per month not to exceed $50) and a hold will be placed on your account. If you are unable to submit your TA form or if you are using VA benefits, you must finalize your registration by signing either an installment plan or by paying for the course in full via the web.
  6. Meet with an academic advisor to register. The option to see a Coordinator/Academic Advisor to register for classes is always available. However, be sure to fill out a registration form prior to seeing the advisor.

Changes to Your Registration

If you need to make any changes to your registration, including withdrawing from or adding courses, return to your HPU Military Campus programs location to complete the appropriate paperwork.  We do not accept course registration or changes to registration over the telephone.

Additional Resourse

Video: How to Register and Search for Classes

Video: How to Review Your Degree Plan

Video: Understanding General Education Requirements