Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society
Purpose: Through its members, the honor society strives to improve the health of the world's people.
HPU Chapter: Gamma Psi - Chapter-at-Large
This international honor society recognizes academic achievement of students in the nursing program.
We invite all eligible candidates that meet the requirements below, then eligible candidates must be approved by the HPU nursing faculty, and finally by Gamma Psi Chapter-at-large membership before being accepted.
HPU’s chapter of Sigma Theta Tau carries out its own membership selection process independent of the HPU application process and following international regulations. Students who meet the eligibility requirements receive their membership invitation through their @my.hpu.edu email address during the Fall and Spring semesters.
Eligible undergraduate candidates must:
- Be enrolled in the undergraduate nursing degree program.
- Have completed 50 percent of the required nursing courses.
- Have a minimum GPA of 3.0.
- Be at least junior status (60+ credits) with a class ranking in the upper 35 percent of nursing students.
Eligible graduate candidates must:
- Have completed one-fourth of required graduate curriculum (12 credits at HPU).
- Have a minimum GPA of 3.5.
Membership fee and yearly dues to be paid upon notification of acceptance. Please contact the sponsors located under the related links tab to the left regarding membership fees.
Regalia: Orchid & White Cords
Honor Society Advisors: Dr. Jesica Nishikawa