19 National and International Honor Societies
HPU is pleased to recognize its Honors Societies which are found within the various university academic disciplines. Each society has its own set of by-laws and application requirements. New members who qualify are inducted normally once per semester. Each society conducts an initiation ceremony to welcome new members. Please note that there are a few honor societies that accept students only once per year.
Any student found in violation of the academic integrity policy is not permitted to become a member of any Honor Society. Please refer to the student handbook regarding examples of and further information about academic dishonesty.
Membership is by invitation only. Except for Chi Alpha Sigma, which inducts only during the spring semester, sponsors review currently enrolled students each fall and spring semester and send out invitations to those who meet the stated membership critera (which are listed on the page for each society). In most cases, invitations are sent to your @my.hpu.edu email address.
If you believe that you meet the requirements for a particular honor society and do not receive an invitation, please contact the sponsor of that honor society directly.
- Alpha Chi National Honor Society (All Academic Fields)
- Alpha Epsilon Delta National Honor Society (Pre-Health)
- Alpha Lambda Delta National Honor Society (First-Year Students)
- Alpha Sigma Lambda National Honor Society (Adult Students)
- Beta Beta Beta National Honor Society (Biological Sciences)
- Chi Alpha Sigma National Honor Society (College Athletes) *Spring Only
- Delta Mu Delta International Honor Society (Business Administration)
- Kappa Mu Epsilon National Honor Society (Mathematics)
- Lambda Pi Eta National Honor Society (Communication)
- Mu Kappa Tau (Marketing)
- Phi Alpha National Honor Society (Social Work)
- Phi Alpha Theta National Honor Society (History)
- Pi Lambda Theta (Education)
- Pi Sigma Alpha National Honor Society (Diplomacy & Military Studies, International Relations/Studies, Political Science)
- Psi Chi International Honor Society (Psychology)
- Sigma Delta Pi National Honor Society (Spanish)
- Sigma Tau Delta International Honor Society (English)
- Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society (Nursing)
- Upsilon Pi Epsilon International Honor Society (Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Information Systems)