Native Hawaiian Speaker Series
COME LEARN THE TRUE HAWAIIAN WAY
Join us for a series of events that invite prominent Hawaiian people to come to HPU and speak (“talk story” style) about the Hawaiian culture, values and traditions. The Native Hawaiian speakers that participate in these events give our students, faculty and staff the unique opportunity to intimately learn about this culturally rich place we call home.
In the Fall 2011 - Spring 2012 school year our speakers were:
- William `Aila - State of Hawai`i Director of Department of Land & Natural Resources (DLNR)
- Ramsay Taum - Founder of LEI of the Pacific
- Pono Shim - President & CEO of Enterprise Honolulu
- Robert Cazimero - Professional musician, song writer and kumu hula
- Mapuana DeSilva - Professional kumu hula
- Al Harrington - Hawaiian historian and actor
- Puanani Burgess - International speaker and tranier
- Dr. Jon Osorio - Professor at UH Manoa, songwriter, musician
We have exciting visitors planned for next school year (fall 2012 - spring 2013) and hope that you will come and join us!
For more information please contact Dr. Malia J. Smith (808)544-0819.
Source: Malia Smith, firstname.lastname@example.org