Fall New Student Orientation
August 27 to August 31, 2013
Passport Week is an informative and fun-filled week for incoming undergraduate first year and transfer students. We will provide wonderful opportunities to meet others, ease your transition to HPU, prepare you for the academic year, and help you become more familiar with the University community. For additional information on fall orientation, please visit our Frequently Asked Orientation Questions page.
To register online, please log onto HPU Pipeline. Click on the First-Year tab.
- Students must use their HPU email and HPU ID number to register. Please contact Admissions if you have not received them.
- If you do not see the First-Year tab, please email the HPU Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, HPU ID number and a description (i.e. I need the First-Year tab in HPU Pipeline, but it is not appearing...).
Fall 2013 Passport Schedule
The dates for Fall 2013 student orientation are:
- August 27: HPU Kick-Off Reception at Hawai'i Loa Campus, 6-8 PM - REQUIRED
- August 28: Orientation Sessions - REQUIRED
- August 29: Orientation Sessions - REQUIRED
- August 30: Sea Warrior Service Day
- August 28-31: Optional evening activities. Optional activities require pre-registration and/or pre-purchase prior to the start of orientation. Please reserve tickets through the online orientation registration system and the Orientation UStore. Links will be provided once you complete your orientation registration. Spaces are limited for some events.
Please select a schedule track below, or you may view the full schedule.
- Freshman Orientation Schedule
- Transfer Orientation Schedule
- Family Orientation Schedule
- Optional Passport Week Events
- Sea Warrior Service Day
A one-time orientation fee of $120.00 will be charged to the university accounts of all new undergraduate, full-time students in August. New freshman and transfer students are required to attend. One guest is included in the orientation fee.
Parents and Family Members
Family Orientation will be held on August 27 and August 28. Parents and family members are welcome to attend orientation, but not required. Attendance at Family Orientation for one guest is included in the student orientation fee. Additional family members may attend Family Orientation, but there is a guest fee of $25.00, ages 12 and over.
Parents are also invited to University Convocation on August 29 from 9-10 am.
Family members should attend sessions based on the needs of the family and student.
Orientation Leaders are returning students who serve as role models, leaders, and resources for new students and their family members. Meet your Fall 2013 Orientation Leaders!
For more information, contact First-Year Programs at (808) 544-1461, 1-866-CALL-HPU (ext. 12) or email@example.com.