New Student Checklist
Your decision to make HPU your learning community is an excellent one! In preparation for your arrival and the start of the academic year, use the checklist as a guide to ease your transition to HPU. We are excited you are here, and will be available throughout your first-year.
STEP 1: Complete Pre-Registration Items
- Mail in the "Intent to Enroll" Form and $200 Registration Deposit
Note: Deposit is non-refundable after May 1st for Fall/Summer terms and after December 1st for Winter/Spring terms.
- Submit Official Final Transcripts
- Activate your HPU Pipeline Account
- Finalize Financial Aid, VA Paperwork, and/or Scholarships
- Submit Health Clearance Form (Measles Immunizations, TB Clearance, Insurance)
- Find Housing (if applicable)
If you are an International Student, get your Pre-Departure Checklist.
STEP 2: Complete Registration Items
- Read the New Student’s Guide to Registration
- Take your Math and/or English Placement Tests (if applicable)
- Register for Classes with an Academic Advisor
STEP 3: Complete Post-Registration Items
- Register for New Student Orientation (Undergraduate Students)
- Purchase Books at the HPU Bookstore (Downtown Campus or Hawai'i Loa Campus)
- Get your HPU Student ID Card (UniCard)
- Downtown Campus (1164 Bishop Street, Ste. 216)
- Hawai'i Loa Campus: Educational Technology Center (Academic Center, 3rd floor)
- Prepare for your Departure
- Additional Items
- Set up a local bank account
- Become familiar with stores, malls, and farmers markets
- Get Involved!
- Participate in Programs & Activities
- Understand Your Student Rights & Responsibilities