Step 3: Post-Registration Items
Congratulations on finalizing your semester/term class schedule. Now it is time to think about a few more items to make a smooth transition to Hawaii Pacific University.
Register for New Student Orientation (Undergraduate Students)
All undergraduate students are required to participate in the new student orientation program. For details on the orientation program schedule and registration information, click on the appropriate semester/term:
- Fall Semester: New Student Orientation Program
(New students enrolled in the summer and fall terms.)
- Spring Semester: New Student Orientation Program
(New students enrolled in the winter and spring terms.)
Buy your books on-line or stop by the one of the campuses (reminder: your student schedule indicates which bookstore to purchase your books--"D" for Downtown and "W" for Windward"). Do not forget to bring your class registration printout when you visit the bookstore to purchase your books. And while you are there, check out the computer and general merchandise.
Get your HPU Student ID Card (UniCard)
The HPU student photo UniCard is recognized as the student's official identification and is required for various activities, such as using the shuttle service, borrowing materials from the libraries, as well as using the University Computer Center, Educational Technology Center, Center for Academic Success (tutoring and testing) and the Sea Warrior Center or Sharky's Cove (student lounges). You may also receive reduced-rate entrance to student activities and discounts from Honolulu merchants.
Once you have registered for classes, submit your photo online and we will have your HPUID card ready when you arrive. For submission directions, visit the HPU IDCard page.
New students can also get their UniCard in person. Bring a photo identification (e.g., passport, driver's license or state identification) to the Downtown Campus (1164 Bishop Street, Suite 216) or Educational Technology Center (Hawaii`i Loa Campus, Academic Center) to get your Student ID Card (UniCard).
To avoid identity fraud, all new incoming students are required to pick up their UniCard in person. For any questions or problems, please contact us at email@example.com.
Prepare for your Departure
If you are coming from the U.S. mainland or another country, click on the sites below:
- Tips on Traveling To HPU
- Hawaii Loa Residence Hall Move-In Checklist
- Bed Bath and Beyond Shopping Options
Bus Pass and Parking
How will you get to class? Consider some of your options: Intercampus Shuttle, driving, or TheBus.
- Inter-Campus Shuttle Service: The University provides a shuttle service between its two major campuses, downtown campus and Hawaii Loa campus.
- Campus Parking: Before heading to the Downtown Campus or Hawaii Loa Campus get an idea of the parking options.
- Downtown Campus: A variety of downtown parking options are available through private companies. Rates change, so contact the company directly for current parking fees.
- Hawaii Loa Campus: Purchase a daily pass or a semester parking decal.
- U-PASS - The Bus TheBus University Bus Pass Program or U-PASS is a reduced rate bus pass sticker tailored to the needs of Hawaii’s University students. For more information on TheBus and bus routes, visit www.thebus.org.