Labs' Rules and Regulations
The following rules have been established to ensure the best use of the Learning Commons, and the Educational Technology Center (ETC) maintain an environment of learning within each:
- A user must have a valid HPU ID to use the Learning Commons or the ETC. It is a violation of the University Policy to use any one else’s ID. Any attempt to use another user’s ID intentionally or unintentionally will result in confiscation of the ID
- The HPU Aloha Tower Learning Commons and ETC are set aside for academic purposes and individual or collaborative course work or study.
- Student clubs and organizations can contact the Student Life Office for assistance in locating meeting places.
- The carrying or consumption of alcoholic beverages is prohibited.
- The use of products that contain tobacco or nicotine, such as cigarettes, e-cigarettes, chewing tobacco and like products are prohibited.
- Snacks and enclosed beverages are permitted. Please enjoy meals outside the HPU Aloha Tower Learning Commons and ETC.
- All users are required to have footwear.
- Plugging in any electronic devices to the electrical wall outlet is strictly prohibited.
- Users are not allowed to open the printers to put in their own papers. Staff are on hand to refill and restock paper supplies.
- Each user is responsible for watching over his/her own personal items. The staff are not responsible for unattended, lost, or stolen items.
- Please assist the staff in maintaining the facility by leaving the computer station areas and group work rooms clean, reorganizing the furniture when finished, and cleaning up any trash you may have left.
- Defacing or damaging University property will result in immediate termination of user privileges.
- Promotion or selling of products, merchandise, or services within Aloha Tower Learning Commons or ETC by unauthorized commercial vendors or other individuals are not allowed.
- A user who has displayed disruptive or inappropriate behavior, or has interfered with the comfort of other users or staff will be required to leave.
- Broken or faulty equipment should be reported immediately to staff.
The University Libraries and I.T. Office reserve the right to withdraw the privilege of access or service to a user who has not displayed appropriate behavior, or who fails to abide by established HPU Code of Student Conduct. Users not affiliated with Hawaii Pacific University may be removed on the grounds of trespassing on private property.