2016 Application Materials
- HPU Student Application (submit to HPU Admissions)
- BSW Application Form (submit to Interim BSW Program Director, Mr. Paul Tran email@example.com)
Application Process and Due Dates
Applications may be obtained online starting January 1st for each fall term. Applications must be submitted or postmarked by April 1st for early consideration. Any applications received after April 1st will be reviewed on a space available basis.
- You must be admitted to Hawaii Pacific University to apply;
- You must be “junior” status (60 credits) by the term you will be admitted;
- You must have received a “C” or higher in the prerequisites (Introduction to Sociology, Introduction to Psychology, Introduction to Social Work courses, and a Writing course);
- You must complete and submit your application by due date posted.
- You must have an overall GPA of 2.7 or higher
Not meeting one of the prerequisite or GPA requirements does not automatically bar admission. A student may be considered for probationary admission in the case of a lower than acceptable GPA or conditional admission in the case of a lack of a prerequisite. If you have special circumstances, speak with the BSW Program Director to see if you are able to apply.
When Should I Start to Think about Admissions?
As soon as you think social work may be your major, contact our BSW Advisor or a member of the BSW faculty and they can answer many of your questions.
When Do I Apply for Admission?
The BSW Program is a professional program and we accept students into the program once a year. We do not have “rolling admissions” or “open admission”. You need to start planning in your sophomore year. The place to begin is by taking the Introduction to Social Work course entitled Social Entrepreneurship, Social Sustainability, and Social Work SWRK 2010 before you apply so you can make sure this career choice is the best match with your interests, experience, and skills. The program is a 2 year sequenced program scheduled to begin the fall following when you complete your Introduction to Social Work course. You can download the application starting January 1 of each year.
What does the Application entail?
- Completed Application
- A copy of your HPU Degree Plan or if you are not a current HPU student, unofficial transcripts from all colleges/universities attended
- Short essay about why you desire to become a social worker (see application information pages for specifics)